Objectives of Research & Development Cell
VIPS has a Research and Development cell dedicated to promote research and publication from faculty and students. The Cell has been established with the following objectives:
- Develop research skills among the faculty and students
- Promote and to encourage the aspiring students and faculty members to carry out research in the field of Law, Management, IT, mass communication, by providing necessary facilities and infrastructures required for them
- Create zeal among the students towards research and innovation
- Work closely with the industrial needs that eventually will result in new or improved products, processes, systems or services that can increase the company’s productivity
- Encourage innovative thoughts for business and society thereby creating added value to the national and global economy Conduct interactive sessions with entrepreneurs/industrialists
- Enhance skill development training and self-employment opportunities
Functions of Research & Development Cell
Given the interdisciplinary approach to education and learning at VIPS, the research cell functions in a way to promote synergy among the disciplines and bring about harmonious growth in the overall research output of the institution. In order to achieve this the cell functions to:
- Ensure the smooth functioning and effective Management of R&D at the institution.
- Provide a focal point in the institution to co-ordinate R&D activities between various departments, faculty members and research students of the respective institution.
- Liaise with public and private sectors and identify R&D projects including consultancy services which could be undertaken at their institution on payment basis.
- Implement and follow-up on progress and monitoring of on-going projects.
- Assist in matters related to collaborative research with other agencies.