Legal Drafting and Office Management
The inaugural lecture titled “Civil Litigation Pleadings and Documentation” in the series of special lectures on “Training and skill development in Legal Drafting and Office Management” was delivered by Dr Arun Mohan, Senior Advocate on Saturday, 8th September 2018 at VSLLS . The audience comprised of students pursuing LLB and LLM students of VSLLS as well as other institutes. The lecture focused on crucial skills in basic rules in drafting of pleadings as well as drafting of legal Notices, Plaint, Written statement, Rejoinder, Evidence by way of affidavit and Caveats. Dr. Arun Mohan shared his valuable insights into the legal profession and shared the importance of forming right habits for drafting which prove to be the most valuable asset for any professional in the legal domain.
A series of seven special lectures – “Training and Skill Development in Legal Drafting and Office Management” were held from 8th September 2018 to 27th October 2018. A total of 183 students had registered for the series.
The lectures were designed with the following primary objectives
- To provide practical training in drafting and management of the cases toyoung professionals and law students
- To provide in-house training to them and equip them with the knowledge of fundamental principles relating to drafting, filing and office management of case files.
- To make them proficient in the basic rules of drafting including commercial agreements, power of attorneys, notices, Wills, writs, statutes, affidavits and other instruments in vogue in commercial and industrial matters
- Acquaint them with the procedures relating to filing of these documents, their registration, wherever applicable, and processes related to the filing of these documents before various courts, tribunals and other quasi judicial and administrative bodies.
- To hold mock exercise in the matter of drafting of these instruments and statutes.
- Group Photo with all the students of the Training Program along with Mr Ashwini Mata, Senior Advocate, Prof (Dr) B T Kaul, Chairman VSLLS, Prof (Dr) Rashmi Salpekar, Dean VSLLS, Prof (Dr) Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, Head, Training and Skill Development Programme in Legal Drafting and Office Management
- Course Head: Prof (Dr) Rajni Malhotra Dhingra, Professor, VSLLS, VIPS
- Course Coordinator: Mr Apoorv Bhardwaj, Assistant Professor, VSLLS, VIPS