Director (Academics & Student Welfare)
Graduated in Sociology Honours from Jesus and Mary College (JMC), Delhi University (DU) and was awarded the Geeta Chopra Award for outstanding merit.
Pursued Masters in Sociology at Delhi School of Economics (DSE), DU and received M.S.A. Rao Scholarship. She did her M.Phil from DSE, DU and scored the highest percentage in the research paper on .Tuberculosis: Illness, treatment and cure from a sociological perspective.
Her doctorate was an extension of her M.Phil research focusing on .Social Perceptions and Management of Tuberculosis in Delhi. A Sociological Study. She did her PhD under the eminent guidance of Late Prof. Aneeta A. Minocha and after her demise continued under Prof. Tulsi Patel at Delhi School of Economics.
She has cleared NET (UGC) and also received Junior Research Fellowship.
She has been teaching since 1999 starting from Janaki Devi Memorial College, DU and then at JMC, DU. She joined Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (Affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University), Delhi in 2004 and has been an integral part of it since then. Currently her designated status is that of a Professor.
Current Non-Teaching Responsibilities at VIPS:
- Director, Students’ Welfare, P.R. and Protocol of VIPS
- Convener, VIPSMUNSoc
- Member, Inter-Disciplinary Research Colloquium
- Member, Editorial Board, Vivekananda Journal Of Research
- Member, Mal-Practice Enquiry Committee
- Member, Academic Council
- Member, Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Visitor’s nominee in the Board of Management, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow (A Central University)
- Member, World Lung Foundation. South Asia.
- Lifelong Member, Indian Sociological Society.
- Member, Delhi State Legal Services Authority.
- A paper on ‘Child Welfare: A critical analysis of some of the socio-legal legislations in India’, in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal in Humanities and Social Science, Volume 19, Issue 8, Ver. 2, August 2014
- A paper on ‘The Sociological Dimension of Tuberculosis: A case study’, in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal in Humanities and Social Science, Volume 19, Issue 5, Ver. V, May 2014
- An article on ‘The Sociological Significance of Labour Day’, in a Newsletter published by Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, May 2014
- A paper on ‘Indian Politics: A New Threshold’, in International Organization of Scientific Research Journal in Humanities and Social Science, Volume 19, Issue 3, April 2014
- A paper on ‘Women: An object of socio-legal grafting’, in Vivekananda Research Journal, January 2013
- A paper on ‘Tuberculosis: Myriad of Perceptions’ under Orient Blackswan Publications in “Health, Illness and Medicine”, 2010