Dr. Bidyarani Asem
(M.M.C, NET, M.Phil)
- Pursuing Ph.D from School of Communication Studies,Punjab University
- After completing my post graduation in Mass Communication from Kurukshetra University, the field of mass communication came to be my driving force for shaping my career
- I started working as an intern in newspaper organization where I inculcated more knowledge about the field. Once I cleared the UGC-NET examination, there is no looking back.
- I entered into the teaching profession where learning, sharing and imparting knowledge have been the prior objective.
- Before joining Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies as an Assistant Professor in 2008, I taught in the Institute of Mass Communication and Media Studies, Kurukshetra University for one year (2007-2008).
- Being in the challenging task of teaching profession, exposure to seminars, conferences and workshops (at international and national level) which I participated in the course of my teaching profession help me gain more knowledge in the field.
- Publication of research papers in the field of study constantly helps me in sharpening my knowledge level.
- Presently, I am also a doctoral candidate in mass communication at School of Communication Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh.
Area of Specialization
- Communication theory
- Writing, structuring and analyzing different types of media content
- Research paper titled “Freedom of Media in the Digital Age: Censorship Issues on the Social Media” published in edited book Issues of Journalistic Ethics and Freedom in the Contemporary Age of Digital Media, pp. 436-441
- Research paper titled “Ethical Issues on the Social Media in India” published in Bi-lingual Media Research Journal Jan Sanchar Vimarsh, pp. 113-121
- Research paper titled “Ethical Issues of Self Presentation in User-Generated Contents” published in edited book Issues of Media Policy Regulation and Ethics, pp.280-288
- Attended and presented paper titled “Youth and Participatory Media: A New Paradigm for Peace and Development” at 2 days National Seminar on Youth, Peace and Development held in Manipur University on 21-22nd March, 2012
- Attended and presented paper titled “Gender Differences in the Issues of Privacy and Self-Disclosure Amongst Networked Publics” at 2 days National Seminar on New Media: Potentials and Problems held in Panjab University on 17-18th February, 2012
- Attended and presented paper titled “Mainstream Mass Media Vs Social Media: A Study of the Psychological Impact of Media Messages on College Going Youths” at 2 days International Conference of Applied Psychology held in Panjab University on 24-25th February, 2012. Awarded first prize for poster presentation in the conference
- Attended National Workshop on Lesson Planning and Scheduling organized by Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi on 16th December 2011
- Attended Faculty Development Programme organized by Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi from 27th to 30th July, 2010
- Attended Faculty Development Programme organized by Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi from 24th to 29th July, 2008