Dr. Baninder Rahi
(Ph.D, M.A, NET)
- Baninder Rahi is working as an Assistant Professor with Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi.
- Baninder Rahi has 3-year field experience as a reporter.
- She has worked with The Pioneer for over a year, and covered education and health beats.
- She joined Daily Post as Senior Reporter and covered Punjab Bureau apart from Courts and education beats for the newspaper.
- She has also worked with The Indian Express and covered health and education beats.
- For meritorious academic performance she is honored by the Public Relations Society of India (PRSI).
- She is also conferred with Prof P P Singh Memorial University Gold Medal for meritorious academic performance by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- She is also conferred with Journalists Society Gold Medal for academic excellence.
- She did her graduation from GNDU Amritsar with distinction
- Baninder completed her Master’s with gold medal from School of Communication Studies, Panjab University Chandigarh.
- Baninder has also been member of the organizing committee for ‘VIMARSH’ (an international academic convention held in February 2010 at Panjab University Chandigarh
- She also participated in exit poll conducted by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS) in collaboration with CNN-IBN-HT during Punjab Assembly Elections 2007 as field investigator and got appreciation award for the same.
- She has worked on various research projects at Panjab University and has produced a documentary ‘Cancer Express’ highlighting the plight of cancer patients in the Bathinda region of Punjab.
- She has also produced a research paper “Coverage of Water Crisis in Print Media”. The paper is published in a book.
- After qualifying UGC NET she enrolled herself into PhD programme at SCS PU Chandigarh.